Friday, November 12, 2010

The Story Of US......

I saw this cute post on several blogs the past few days...and I thought I would join in! :) It is questions about me and my sweet hubby.......

1. What are your middle names?
Mine is Nicole and Tim actually has two middle names....Brandyn Dye. Everyone always gives him a hard time about that! ;)
2. How long have you been together?
We started dating at age 15....got married at 20......and now Tim is 26 and I will be 26 this month! So I guess a little over 10 years! WOW! That is crazy when I think about it....
3. How long did you know each other before you started dating?
I think we knew each other a little over a year. Tim and my brother were best friends. So Tim was always at our house...hanging around, eating all our food, playing games...being a crazy boy! And somehow we ended up liking each other more than in a brotherly/sisterly kinda way!
4. Who asked who out?
Tim and I love telling this story. Though it always makes me feel bad! lol! Tim started pursuing me first. He asked me out 3 TIMES before I said yes!!!! I was also just a 15 year old girl....I wasn't sure what I was doing! haha! (Now I'm so glad he kept asking me out till I said yes!)
5. How old are each of you?
Tim is 26 and I turn 26 on November 28th!!! :)
6. Did you go to the same school?
Yep, we met in high school.
7. Are you from the same hometown?
No....I'm from Springfield, Missouri (our current town) and Tim moved here from Houston, Texas.
8. Who is the smartest?
Hmmmm I think we both have our better subjects. But I think Tim is more naturally smarter than me. :)
9. Who majored in what?
Well, both of our degrees are still in progress. Tim still has to decide on his major (hopefully soon!). I won't finish mine until Tim is all the way done.
10. Who is the most sensitive?
ME totally!!!! I think sensitive should have been my middle name. I try to keep it harnessed in though....cause I don't want it to get out of control. Though I do have a somewhat sensitive husband...and for that I am thankful! :)
11.Where is the furthest you two have travelled as a couple?
A few years ago we went to Uruguay in South America on a mission trip! It was so amazing!
12. Who has the worst temper?
Tim for sure! hahahah! After he became a Christian....his temper went way down! Praise the Lord. We are new creatures in Christ! I know I have my moments though....
13. How many children to you want?
I would love to have 2-3. Whatever we have will be a blessing....and I can't wait!
14. Who does the cooking?
I do most of it. But Tim helps me all the time! I love that. He is really handy in the kitchen.
15. Who is more social?
Tim is way more social than me. I'm a homebody a lot of the times....but I love talking to people. Tim always brings out my best!
16. Who is the neat freak?
I think that would be me. Or I try to be anyways.....
17. Who is the most stubborn?
I think I win that one! :) I have been my whole life I hear.
18. Who wakes up earlier?
Now that Tim has a funky schedule...I have to wake up before him. On Saturdays when we both sleep in....I am always the first one up!
19. Where was your first date?
Tim asked me to Homecoming my sophomore year in high school. (he was a nervous, sweaty beast!) hahahah!
20. Who has the bigger family?
Definitely Tim! His family is massive and I still don't know everyone. Craziness!
21. Do you get flowers often?
Not really. Maybe once or twice a year. He does a lot of other things to show his love!
22. How do you spend the holidays?
We are kinda all over the place. We still don't have a set schedule. It's hard....we want to be at everything...but with family out of town and Tim's crazy work schedule, it doesn't always work out.
23. Who is more jealous?
I don't think either of us are jealous people.
24. How long did it take to get serious?
Well, since we were youngins....we did take things slower. But we were "exclusive" our whole relationship. Tim was my first hand to hold, first kiss, first date....first everything. I was his first everything. And I love that. :)
25. Who eats more?
TIM! When he is hungry....folks, get out of his way! He will eat you! :)
26. What do you do for a living?
I am a Ministry Assistant at a church in Springfield. I love my job. Tim is a Lead Sales Agent for Hotels.com. Their largest office is actually in our town! He has a great job. We are very thankful.
27. Who does the laundry?
We kinda tag team it. Tim will run the loads and I will fold and put away.
28. Who is better with the computer?
It depends. I am a way faster typer and looker upper (i made that word up!) and Tim is better with all the technical issues. We go together like peas and carrots.
29. Who drives when you are together?
Tim always drives us. I hate driving. If I never had to drive again I would be perfectly happy! lol
30. What is your song?
Oh goodness....we have too many to list! "The Way You Look Tonight" always makes me cry....cause it makes me think of our wedding!

I would love for everyone to do this. It's fun to read everyone's answers!
XO,
Amanda

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that you were high school sweethearts! Cute.

Jessica said...

I love your story, how you were each others first hand holds... so cute!

Rebekah said...

So sweet! I love that other blog friends are doing this! I did this a few days ago!

partialemptynester said...

Love this!!! Such a sweet, refreshing couple you guys are! I tell my kids all the time, save EVERYTHING, you'll be sooo glad you did...I love to hear about couples who never held another one's hand but their hubbies...greatness!!!!

Natalie said...

love it! so fun! : )
I can't wait for your little blessings either! : )
And I am such a homebody too! I would rather curl up with my husband and a movie than go out any day of the week!

Poppies and Sunshine said...

What a fun Q&A! Loved reading more about you!