Thursday, November 18, 2010

Side Dishes & Wish List....

H a p p y T h u r s d a y!
It's another beautiful day....it's going to be cold here today. I think the high is only 48! Then tomorrow it will be back up to 60ish! Crazy. This morning I had a cinnamon raisin bagel from Panera!!!! It was so good. Great start to the day I think. :)
Well, I have been thinking about Thanksgiving since it is NEXT WEEK!!!! We are going to my parents this year and I am suppose to bring two side dishes. I am not sure what I am going to make yet. I thought a green been recipe might be nice. Problem is I don't have a green been recipe! I always hate making something for the first time, for other people! But I think it would be hard to screw up green beans.
This picture looks good..... I also thought a baked macaroni and cheese sounded good. Another recipe I don't have. :) This picture is from Good Housekeeping. They always have such nice stuff.
My mom is already making different kinds of potatoes and such. I am going to be searching the world wide web for some recipes.
Does anyone know of some good recipe sites that you love?
Anyone else making the Thanksgiving meal?
Also with my birthday coming up I have had to think of a few things I would like, so I can tell the hubby. I am terrible at coming up with things. I would like a few new shirts I think. My sweater selection is not very good.
Oh, and I did think of a CD I have been wanting.....
Have you heard of Gateway Worship? It is a church...and Kari Jobe is actually one of their worship leaders! Love her! They just made this worship cd and I would really like it. I love listening to worship music in the car...especially when I am on my way to work.
Oh, and I saw a Christmas drinking glass I fell in love with at Hobby Lobby!!! I told the hubby...so let's see if he remembers! ;) If not I will be going there the day after my b-day to get it cause it was only $9.99! I would use it all season long at my desk at work.
I hope everyone has a fabulous day today!!!
xoxo,
Amanda

14 comments:

Lauren said...

Both of those side dishes sound yummy. I use Tasty Kitchen--a site based off the Pioneer Woman's site. They had some incredibly yummy looking mac & cheese recipes. I've also seen some great green bean recipes there! Good luck!

Nicki said...

YUM! Baked mac and cheese! That sounds and looks delicious.

Have you ever had Panera's pink ribbon bagel? It's only around during October for breast cancer awareness month, but it's one of the best bagel's I've ever tasted. It's in the shape of a ribbon and has vanilla, honey, (hazelnut, i think), dried cherries, and dried cranberries! YUM!

Amanda Moury said...

Amanda, SERIOUSLY! Those mashed taters look UH-mazing! Yummmmm :) Happy Thursday girl, hope your week is awesome!

Unknown said...

ummm those potatoes look AMAZING!

Rebekah said...

Check out The Pioneer Woman-Ree is awesome! Also, you can find things on The Food Network. Girl, for the past two days I've posted songs from God Be Praised! I've been listening to that cd for the past week and I love it!

Natalie said...

i always search google for recipes! i am hosting thanksgiving this year so I am making pretty much everything--eeek! my first time! I found a delicious corn casserole recipe that is super easy to make that I am planning on doing!

Suze said...

Girl dont fret about the green beans , just cook em' in some fat back and couple of spices some salt you'll be good to go! It is UUUBER hard to screw green beans up promise :) Don't fret! As far as mac and cheese, the crockpot mac an cheese is always a hit with my family! hope this helps :) oh and happy early birthday!

Suze said...

Girl dont fret about the green beans , just cook em' in some fat back and couple of spices some salt you'll be good to go! It is UUUBER hard to screw green beans up promise :) Don't fret! As far as mac and cheese, the crockpot mac an cheese is always a hit with my family! hope this helps :) oh and happy early birthday!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the sides recipes! If you want my citrus green bean recipe, send me an email and I'll send you the scan of it. Thanks for the idea of the worship CD too!

Jessica said...

Green beans are so easy! I make mine in a crock pot if I can. Dump a couple big cans in (or frozen if you want) then add a BUNCH of butter, some salt and garlic powder. Let them puppies simmer all day. :)

Stephanie M. Page said...

I love looking for recipes online, I support trying a new recipe for others, it is fun! =) and I LOVE panera, definite good start to a day. ;)

Tatiana said...

I'm so exited for Thanksgiving too! Those two dishes look so yummy! I'm making a few sides this year too, and one of them is a green bean one (you can saute some veggies with your favorite spices and mix them in a white gravy, pour it allover blanched green beans then bake for 25 min. Yummo!). I hope you come up with something delicious :-)

Poppies and Sunshine said...

I always go to marthastewart.com for recipes. They always look so delicious! I think a green bean side dish would be great. Green beans are my favorite!

partialemptynester said...

Kari Jobe...loooove!!!!!