Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Newbies

We have officially tried our hand at the baby registry!

FUN!!!!

However….with not having a clue on a lot of items….I’m sure folks will be wondering why we asked for 5 bottles of baby shampoo or 10 different types of pacifiers!  Newbies.

I have been loving everyone’s help with baby product advice.  As I keep receiving advice…..I will adjust my registry accordingly! :)

Regardless of whether we registered for the right things or not….we had soooooo much fun!  Husband was a little crazy with the gun.  I just kept hearing beeping and would turn around to see him registering for something random!  He said it looked like something Eleanor needed! hahah!  He’s adorable. 

Oh and this:

We had discussed before we went in that we were only going to register for GENDER NEUTRAL items!!!!!!  We thought we would be smart and be able to use the goods for all of our kids down the road (Lord willing!) 

Smart thinking right?

Well, as soon as we saw the pink jogging stroller…..husband was clicking that gun within seconds!!!!  I was obsessed too! We were both pushing that thing through the aisles of Babies R Us making sharp turns just for fun…..plugging our phone into the onboard speakers…..talking loudly and laughing…..going on and on about how much we loved it!

IMAG0058

From that moment I knew gender neutral was out the window.  Way out!!!!

However, I did talk him out of the pink highchair with flowers.  ;)

Ohhhhhh wait…..we did pick out a gender neutral pack n play!!!! Go us!

We are not totally failures. 

What can we say, we are beyond excited to have a baby girl in our house.  And husband wants to get her anything and everything!!!!!!!!! 

HOW DO YOU CONTROL YOURSELF WITH ALL THE CUTE CLOTHES??????   We are in serious trouble people! 

IMAG0056

Look at me….registering for a gender neutral boppy!!!! :)  I can still buy a pink cover to satisfy our weirdness right?

IMAG0055

Mr. Tim’s face through the entire process!!!!  It’s true!

IMAG0052

My favorite part was parking in the special parking spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have waited years to be able to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  weeeeeee!  Now…..every grocery store NEEDS these signs!  Seriously!

Oh and this:

Eleanor will be here in 3 1/2 months!!!!!!!!!!!  What?!  I am thrilled yet afraid because that does not sound like very long to get a TON of stuff done. If she comes and we don’t have everything perfect for her…..she will still have a warm and happy home to live in!  And that’s all that matters. 

I hope you’re having a great week!!! 

Lots of Love to you!

xo,

Amanda

17 comments:

Jessica said...

I loved registering! We didn't register for any clothes because we knew we'd get a ton. But I looovveee that jogging stroller! The one thing I didn't get off my registry.

Anonymous said...

you crack me up!!

J and A said...

So fun!! :)

Natalie said...

OH boy I love you guys!!! SO much fun! Love that pink jogging stroller :) We did try to go semi gender neutral for the same reason and did PRETTY good but did get some pink and purple-y things :) Ya just gotta! And the clothes-oh man. I haven't learned how to resist them yet. And the bows and the leggings and well I could go on and on. Lots of people are going to spoil her with clothes! We couldn't even fit all of callyn's in her dresser and closet! And go garage sale-ing! Baby clothes are so cheap and most are pretty gently used :) Yay! So fun! And 3.5 months is going to FLY!!!

Breanna Veth said...

You guys are TOO funny! haha I know me and my hubby are gonna be the same way when our day comes!! So excited for you!

Unknown said...

Ohhh registering, I remember those days. I had no idea what I was registering for at the time, but so glad I did! So much fun, and yes those signs, it is like an HONOR to be able to park at them :)

Courtney B said...

Aaaah! How FUN! I'd definitely be going crazy with the clicker :) I am so excited for you guys!

Beth Ann said...

Love how happy and excited you are! And that stroller looks awesome! Enjoy this time!

Courtney @ One Fine Wire said...

We had NO CLUE what we were doing when we registered - haha! We changed many things on our registry after we went to the store.

It's so fun, though! You look wonderful!!

Ryan V. said...

Yay! We loved registering and spent probably 4 hours in BRU! We tried to go gender neutral on the big items like car seat and stroller but we got lots of girly things too! :) But I love that stroller!!! So cute! Also, just a tidbit, don't register for clothes because people always get you clothes. We have gotten enough handmedowns and gifts in clothes to clothe a daycare. But only up to 6 months! haha So if you register for clothes, I would go with bigger sizes. Everyone will want to get you sweet newborn sized clothes. In our experience, people aren't good at buying from the registry either! haha We have had two showers and only 6 items from the registry were bought and two of them are packs of hangers! yikes! That's why I feel like I have a lot left to get still. I'm trying to decide what the real true necessities are. And don't you love that special parking spot!! I loved parking there the first time :) 3 and 1/2 months to go!? That's crazy, it has gone by super fast! Hope you are still feeling ok!

ConnieB said...

You look so great! And you guys are so funny... gender neutral is smart but I get why you'd want something specific for baby number one! It's a big deal! (:

Theresa said...

How fun! And I loved parking in those reserved spots too :)

Baby Registry said...

cute and nice post..
GOD Bless u both!

Lauren said...

love this post! we definitely opted for the hot pink stroller as well...apparently Nick couldn't imagine his little girl in something so "neutral"! we do have some gender-neutral things but a lot of it ended up being pink just because it's all way too cute!

Stephanie M. Page said...

hahah! Love it. ;)

Megan said...

There is just no way that I'll be able to do gender neutral if we ever had a girl. All the pink stuff is just too precious!! Looks like y'all had fun!!

Kristin said...

Too fun! Enjoy every moment before your little girl arrives :)