Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Lessons learned in month 1

My little peanut is now 1 month old!!!!!  I seriously CAN’T believe it!  This has been the fastest month of my life. 

I have learned so many different things in the past month. 

Here are a few of the things I have been learning….

1.  I am able to go on much less sleep than I ever thought possible! 

2.  Baby girls can pee on you too…..not just baby boys!  I have ruined many a diaper this month.

3.  Sucking boogers out of Eleanor’s nose with the ball syringe is kind of fun….and oddly enough she kind of likes it too!  It’s almost like a game for Tim and I.   Who can suck out the biggest booger. 

4.  Bless the person who invented the sleepers that zip rather than snap!!!!! 

5.  I never thought I would be one of those crazy germ people…..but I am.  I always have a bottle of Purell on me.  This lady is PARANOID.  

6.  I will never get tired of staring at Eleanor.

7.  Doing baby laundry is more fun than big people laundry.  I actually enjoy folding her things!  ha! 

8.  Breastfeeding is an emotional rollercoaster!!!  We will be doing great for a few days and then things go haywire.  I’m still learning and I’m now BFF’s with the lactation consultant at our hospital. 

9.  I’m learning how to detect smells.  Our house has been rather smelly between Eleanor, Maddie…..oh yeah and Mr. Tim! 

10.  Speaking of smelly……the books lie when they say breastfed baby poop doesn’t have a smell.  E’s definitely has some stank to it!

11.  I still have a lot to learn when it comes to getting around in the morning and getting out of the house with E!  Maybe I should start getting us ready at her 2am feeding?

Those are all the little tidbits I have learned as of late! 

Happy Wednesday Friends!!!!!

xo,

Amanda

8 comments:

Beth Ann said...

Ha! You are so funny. Breastfeeding is definitely an emotional rollercoaster! Oh, check out Bath & Bodyworks. I love their little hand sanitizers. They come in tons of different scents and they have the cutest little holders for them that can attach to your diaper bag, purse, etc.!

Theresa said...

I think that my husband liked that bulb syringe too ;) I always asked him to do it because I was afraid I would hurt them- LOL. You are doing a great job!

Rachel said...

What a roller coaster! Enjoy it all :)

I look forward to hearing more of your adventures!

Natalie said...

I love this post...you're a mommy yayyyy!!!
Callyn's poop NEVER stunk when she was only on breastmilk (before solids). Never once! And even a lot now that she is on solids it doesn't...weird, right?! It smelled like nothing! I wonder if it's like what us mamas eat or something? Hmm..
Baby laundry is SO MUCH MORE FUN! Tony asked why don't I just put her laundry in with ours and I said because her laundry is more fun to do! It wouldn't be the same if it was in the middle of all of our boring clothes ;)

Ashley Taylor said...

Precise! I have learned most of the same lessons myself! Especially all of the lessons involving breastfeeding and baby diapers...

Jessica said...

I've learned that Noah's poop changes as to what I'VE eaten! And smell too!

Don't worry, BFeeding gets better. Anytime you need advice, you let me know ;D

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work, mommy! Breastfeeding is challenging but oh so rewarding! I can't tell you the number of times I cried over it but I am so glad I stuck with it now. You need encouragers and it sounds like you have them! That baby girl is so sweet!

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

GREAT lessons you have been learning :) So fun!