Happy Monday everyone! :)
I always love doing miscellany monday posts with carissa @lowercase letters!
So lets just let those random thoughts roll shall we?
1) I have had the busiest day so far on this fine Monday!!!
2) Tonight Mr. Tim and I are visiting a low income apartment complex in our city. We just signed up for this ministry called LifeBuilders. We are going to have the opportunity to work with lots of people at our "adopted" apartment complex every week. We will be playing with kids, talking to teens, holding different classes like cooking, crafting etc., singing, doing Bible studies....but most importantly....showing them God's love! I'm really excited about this! It is going to be very challenging, but I can't wait. We are just observing tonight at a different site that is already up and running.
3) Over the weekend Mr. Tim and I celebrated both of our dad's birthdays! Lots of sweets were consumed by all! :)
4) Saturday= we did absolutely NOTHING!!!! But we looooooved it. We seriously just slept, ate and layed around. It was so relaxing. Days like that don't come around too often.
5) Oh wait....I did cook a little something Saturday! It is one of our favorite fall recipes that I cracked out. It's called Amish Skillet. It's just a lovely skillet of potatoes, carrots, onions, beef, cheese and a little cream of mushroom. Simple and delicious.
6) I feel like a bad momma. Little miss Maddie needs a haircut bad!!! The precious thing is just a shaggy monster and her ears are getting really tangly. This is my reminder to call and make her an appointment at the spa! :)
7) One of my favorite parts of the weekend: My sweet and loving hubby gave me a pedicure!!! He normally does my toe polish for me, cause he is way better than me and has a steady hand. But, this time he clipped my nails (lol!), painted my nails, and used the ped egg! woah! He laughs at me and always makes jokes about my crazy rough heels. He said I needed some caulking for my heel cracks! haha.
8) I'm normally a Diet DP/Coke girl.....lately my taste buds are taking a liking to Diet Pepsi. Anyone else? It's got a crispness to it.
9) I have decided I really shouldn't watch the Today Show anymore! I will have it on in the mornings while I get ready and sure enough they will report on a really sad and tragic story and I start balling and ruin my makeup for the day! This has happened numerous times. You would think I would learn my lesson. haha! (I watched it today.....started crying!) I have got really active tear ducts. ;)
10) I love nightly walks around our neighborhood with my precious hubby. Nothing better.
That's about it for my random thoughts today! Did everyone have a nice weekend?
p.s. I just love all of my blogging friends! I tell Mr. Tim about everyone or about different posts that were funny or touched me....he thinks I'm funny! I never thought I would find so much joy in blogging! :)