Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's a new year for real!

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!

We have had a very chill new year's so far! I love it. Friday we both had the day off together (yay...that doesn't happen that often!) so we had a fun day! We had to drive to Branson to return a gift. Tim had bought me a jacket at Wilson's Leather at the Tanger Outlets.....and well.....the arm holes were super tight for some reason!(like fat guy in a little coat!) It was so uncomfortable and I couldn't really move my arms around. lol! So, I decided I really wouldn't wear it and needed to take it back. We were in Wilson's Leather for a loooong time with me trying on a billion coats! for reals. Oh my! I was getting a little frustrated. I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted....and I really didn't want anything to be tight on my arms. I hate that feeling. So, I finally found a few and I decided on one. Yay! It is growing on me. I have never had anything like it before. It is lighter weight so I don't think I will be wearing it on really cold days. Brrr! But it will be a great jacket for all year round. I will have to post a picture later. My poor husband for having to put up with me in Wilson's Leather!!!!! lol! :)

New Year's Eve night we just chilled and watched a cute movie and had popcorn! yippeeeee! (It was the freshly popped kind and I only put salt on it). Oh and we did have sparkling grape juice of course!!!!!!! That stuff is da bomb! We only had white cause they were out of the red.

New Year's Day we took down the Christmas stuff. I thought I was going to be sad....but I wasn't. At all. It was pretty refreshing actually. We were so refreshed with it that we completely rearranged our living room furniture! hahaha! It was fun and we totally love our new look. I must say it was hubby's idea. :) Now I really have the decorating bug (not that I already didn't!) We have tons of house projects to work on this year. The joys of living in an older home. It's fun though. I love seeing things get a new life and making it fresh!

I'm excited for this new year! I have lots to look forward to....but everyday is a blessing. I'm thankful for TODAY!!!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the new year! Blessings to you!

Hugs!
Amanda

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just took down my Christmas decorations too. It feels good! Fresh start. Now we can both work on all our house projects! :)

Rebekah said...

Oh, I want to see your jacket! I wish I was a jacket person, but I'm not.

I haven't taken our Christmas things down yet, but I'm doing that tomorrow. I just wanted to leave it up for as long as I could!

Poppies and Sunshine said...

Happy New Year, Amanda! Glad you had a great new years eve :) I hope this new year is a great one for you!

Amanda Moury said...

It sounds like you had a very wonderful new years eve with your little family :) I hope 2011 brings you all the joy in the world my friend!

Anonymous said...

Happy new year! Love you mrs.amanda! I want to see this sassy leather jacket!

Unknown said...

Aww Amanda, sounds like sucha fun time you and your hubby had! Yay for the new year! :)

chelsea rebecca said...

sounds like a wonderful NYE! wishing you the happiest of new years!

Jessica said...

We have tons of projects we want to get done too, there's never enough time! Aghh!!

Happy new year to you guys!

Stephanie M. Page said...

I love it! Happy New Year! AND I love your new header, yes? Is it new? Or have I been super unobservant? =)

Kassie said...

Just found your blog, it's so cute! I always get sad when I take down the decorations, even if the house does get a good clean afterwards! :)